What to expect when visiting the Glasgow Gurdwara:
Visitors will be greeted at the door by one of our many Glasgow Gurdwara Ambassadors. Everyone visiting the Gurdwara is required to remove their shoes and wear a head scarf (hats and hoodies are not permitted). Tours will be available on Friday 15th & Saturday 16th September 2017 from 10am – 4pm and everyone from all faiths and backgrounds are welcome.
(Please note visitors should not enter under the consumption of, or in the possession of, alcohol or cigarettes. Glasgow Gurdwara may refuse entry to visitors.)
The tours of the Gurdwara are approximately 15-20 minutes. Groups of all sizes are welcome. The tour will consist of the following format:
- An introduction of what happens at the Gurdwara on a day-to-day basis.
- Following this introduction, the group will be led upstairs to the Darbar Hall (prayer hall), Educational Suite and Sachkhand Room.
- The tour guide will provide information on the Guru Granth Sahib and the role that the Holy Scriptures play in the Sikh faith.
- The group will then be taken into the Darbar Hall (prayer hall). When leaving the Darbar Hall, classrooms and other facilities will be covered along with their purposes.
- The group will then be led downstairs to the Langar Hall. This is where the tour will conclude.
- Visitors are free to ask any questions that they may have and are also welcome to share in a meal.
- There will be a Sikh Exhibition on display throughout the weekend.
Last year, we hosted over 1,000 visitors and we are looking forward to welcoming even more this year. If you are unable to visit us during Doors Open Day, you can still visit us anytime by booking a visit with us by clicking here http://www.glasgowgurdwara.org/contact-us/
- Nearest train station is Pollokshields East
- We have free Car Parking for Visitors and a Bike Stand
- Charge up your phones and cameras and feel free to take photos of the stunning Gurdwara
- We are fully accessible and we have a Lift to all floors, extra wheelchairs and Accessible toilets.
- We are also next door to Tramway and the Hidden Gardens – a must if you are nearby!
Photos from previous Doors Open Day events:
Caroline Lucas MP & Patrick Harvie MSP visit the community