An extraordinary number of people visit Gurdwara Guru Granth Sahib Sikh Sabha every week, including local residents, personalities, politicians, community groups, schools, and social & sports clubs. We are 4-Star accredited by VisitScotland, the national tourism agency, and we would be delighted to host you at the Gurdwara for your very own guided tour!
How to arrange a visit:
All are welcome at the Gurdwara. You are able to arrange a visit by emailing us through the contact us page.
Visits should be booked in advance via email only. We are unable to accept or honour phone based bookings.
What to except when visiting the Gurdwara
Visitors will be greeted at the door by one of our many Glasgow Gurdwara Ambassadors. Everyone visiting the Gurdwara is required to remove their shoes and wear a head scarf (hats and hoodiess are not permitted). Tours will be available throughout the week and everyone is welcome.
The tours of the Gurdwara are 30-40 minutes. Groups of all sizes are welcome. The tour will consist of the following format:
- An introduction of what happens at the Gurdwara on a day-to-day basis.
- Following this introduction, the group will be led upstairs to the Darbar Hall (prayer hall) and Sukhasan Room.
- The tour guide will provide information on the Guru Granth Sahib and the role that the Holy Scripture play in the Sikh faith.
- The group will then be led downstairs to the Langar Hall. This is where the tour will conclude.
- Visitors are free to ask any questions that they may have and are also welcome to share in a meal.